These additional benefits are available to members that take up Personal Accident Cover. This is a compulsory for Driver/Co-Driver and an optional add-on for Crew members.
|Death by Accident||AUD 50,000|
|Accident Permanent Total Disablement from normal occupation as defined herein, or percentage thereof in accordance with the Scale of Permanent Disabilities attached||AUD 50,000|
|Accident Temporary total disablement for as long as such disablement continues but not exceeding altogether 52 consecutive weeks for any one period of disablement in excess of the first 14 days of each and every period of disablement||Up to AUD 500 per week|
|Accident Temporary partial disablement||25% of Temporary Total Disablement|
|Accident / Illness Injury resulting in Surgery||Not Covered|
|Accident / Illness Injury resulting in Fractured Bones||Not Covered|
|Injury resulting in loss of Teeth or Dental Procedures||Not Covered|
|Emergency Home Help||Up to AUD 300 per week Payable 52 weeks|
|Student Tutorial||Up to AUD 300 per week Payable 52 weeks|
|Non Medicare Medical Expenses||Up to AUD 1,000|
SCHEDULE OF COMPENSATION THE EVENTS
Injury resulting directly in the following Event(s), which occur within twelve (12) months of the date of the:
Accident in respect to Item 1.
Accident or Illness in respect to Items 2 – 19 inclusive:
Being a percentage of the amount shown in the Schedule against Part A – Lump Sum Benefits for each Insured Person.
|2. Permanent Total Disablement||100%|
|3. Paraplegia or Quadriplegia||100%|
|4. Loss of sight of both eyes||100%|
|5. Loss of sight of one (1) eye||100%|
|6. Loss of use of two (2) Limbs||100%|
|7. Loss of use of one (1) Limb||100%|
|8. Permanent and incurable insanity||100%|
|9. Loss of hearing in:-|
|(a) both ears||100%|
|(b) one (1) ear||20%|
|10. Permanent Loss of use of four (4) Fingers and Thumb of either Hand||75%|
|11. Permanent Loss of the lens of one (1) eye||60%|
|12. Third degree burns and/or resultant disfigurement which covers more than 40% of the entire external body||50%|
|13. Permanent Loss of use of four (4) Fingers of either hand||40%|
|14. Permanent Loss of use of one (1) Thumb of either hand:-|
|(a) both joints||30%|
|(b) one (1) joint||15%|
|15. Permanent Loss of use of fingers of either hand:-|
|(a) three (3) joints||15%|
|(b) two (2) joints||10%|
|(c) one (1) joint||5%|
|16. Permanent Loss of use of toes of either foot:-|
|(a) all – one (1) foot||15%|
|(b) great – both joints||5%|
|(c) great – one (1) joint||3%|
|(d) other than great – each toe||1%|
|17. Fractured leg or patella with established non-union||10%|
|18. Shortening of leg by at least 5 cm||7.5%|
|19. Permanent Partial Disablement not otherwise provided for under Events 4 to 18 inclusive.||Such percentage of amount as Underwriters at their absolute discretion shall determine and being in Underwriters opinion not inconsistent with the benefits provided under Events 4 to 18 inclusive. Event 19 is limited to a maximum of 75% of the amount shown in the Schedule against Part A – Lump Sum Benefits.|
In respect of Temporary Total Disablement due to Accident the indemnity period shall be 52 weeks, Excess 14 consecutive days each and every claim Temporary Total Disablement not to exceed 75% gross weekly wage, including overtime and allowances
In respect of Permanent Total Disablement the waiting period shall be 12 months
Disablement is to be from normal occupation
Excluding war and terrorism
Excluding nuclear, chemical and biological acts
Full Pre-existing conditions exclusion clause, as attached, to apply, subject to Takeover Provisions
Limits per person
In respect of Student Tutorial, excess 7 days each and every claim
In respect of Emergency Home Help, excess 7 days each and every claim
The definition of Non-Medicare Medical Expenses is as per the attached
PROVIDED ALWAYS THAT
- If an Insured Person sustains Injury or suffers an Illness for which benefits are payable under Events 25 or 27 of the Schedule of Compensation, the Underwriters will pay ten (10) weeks benefit provided that proper medical evidence is produced from a Doctor certifying that the total period of Temporary Total Disablement will be a minimum of twenty-six (26) weeks.
- The total sum payable in respect of any one Insured Person in respect of any one or more claims shall not exceed in all in any one Period of Insurance the largest sum insured under any one of the items contained in the Schedule of Compensation or added to this Insurance by endorsement.
- If Item 1 of the Schedule of Compensation is not covered then no claim shall be payable, other than for weekly compensation in respect of any Injury which would have given rise to a claim under Item 1 had that Item been covered.
- If Item 1 of the Schedule of Compensation is covered and an Injury causes the Death of the Insured Person within one year following the date of the Accident and prior to the definite settlement of the compensation under benefits 2 to 9(a) of the Schedule of Compensation, there shall be paid, instead the compensation provided for in the event of Death.
- If during the Period of Insurance an Insured Person suffers from an Event described in Parts A, B, D or E of the of the Schedule of Compensation as a result of an Injury, the Underwriters will pay the corresponding benefit for that Event, provided an amount is shown on the Schedule for that Event.
- If during the Period of Insurance an Insured Person suffers from an Event described in Part C of the Schedule of Compensation as a result of an Illness, the Underwriters will pay the corresponding benefit for that Event, provided an amount is shown on the Schedule for that Event.
- Except for Part A of the Schedule of Compensation, compensation shall not be payable under this Policy for any claim which is covered under any other insurance policy, health or medical scheme or Act of Parliament or is payable by any other source. The Underwriters will however pay the difference between what is payable under the other insurance policy, health or medical scheme or Act of Parliament or such other source and what the Insured Person would be otherwise entitled to recover under this Policy, where permissible under Law.